St. Louis, MO - July 28, 2021 - Bunge Limited (NYSE:BG) today reported second quarter 2021 results
• Q2 GAAP EPS of $2.37 vs. $3.47 in the prior year; $2.61 vs. $1.88 on an adjusted basis excluding certain gains/charges and mark-to-market timing differences
• Continued strong Agribusiness execution across the global network
• Outstanding Refined and Specialty Oils results driven by increasing demand and record refining capacity utilization
• Increasing full-year adjusted EPS outlook to at least $8.50 based on strong Q2 results
• Updating mid-cycle earnings baseline with $2 per share increase reflecting structural changes in oilseed market environment and greater execution benefits from new operating model
Greg Heckman, Bunge's Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Our team outperformed expectations by effectively navigating global volatility to produce another strong quarter of results. Our industrial, commercial and risk management teams collaborated throughout the value chains, optimizing trade flows and production volumes while reducing unplanned downtime.
“With an accelerating structural shift in demand for sustainable food, feed and fuel, Bunge’s position in the global agribusiness supply chain provides growing opportunity to partner with customers to meet their needs in this changing environment,” continued Mr. Heckman. “We are proud of our work with farmers and customers to sustainably connect supply and demand, develop innovative products and services and create new plant-based solutions.”